Monday, March 4, 2013

Farley's East

So I decided to hit up my favorite coffee shop to work on this blog, get a yummy cappuccino and breakfast. Then I figured I should totally make this place my first feature. Farley's East has been a staple of mine for years. It's an Oakland spin off of the Farley's in Potrero Hill in SF. It was one of the first spots to lead the way in 2009 to a re-imagined West Grand/Broadway corridor in the heart of Uptown.



Farley's East is unpretentious but still offers some great espresso, fresh baked goods and a diverse selection of local resourced, made to order sandwiches and salads, including vegan options.

The upstairs loft area has a few tables and a booth that's great for a quiet magazine peruse over an artisan crafted latte. Their magazine and periodical collection is massive. Any interest you can think of, they've got it. The downstairs has a common table and barstools which are usually occupied by plugged in patrons grinding away on the computer. Wifi - Free.  Music - Eclectic; not too loud and easy to enjoy or drown out.


They recently debuted a sidewalk patio with turf, planter boxes, tables and chairs. On a warm day, it's the perfect spot for people watching. During First Fridays they often have a band setup on the patio providing a soundtrack for the art walkers. Art work by local artists is showcased on the walls and rotated regularly. 

It's my go to coffee shop because I find the vibe is always right no matter why I'm stopping in. It's a consistent staple, every change has only enhanced it's appeal.

Stop by the next time you're working on the weekend or catching up with a friend. I'll see you there!

Farley's East: 33 Grand Ave.
Mon - Fri: 7a - 9p
Sat - Sun: 8a - 9p


No comments:

Post a Comment